Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Studio


 My studio is located in downtown Youngstown, Ohio. It is about 900 square feet. Here I create large oil paintings and sculpture, operate a wood shop and wood fabricating area, and store finished work, supplies and tools. I recently acquired thousands of board feet of high quality tiger maple and cherry wood from a large woodworking facility in my neighborhood that went out of business. The wood is very expensive if purchased commercially, and to my good fortune, I found it in a dumpster.



The wood shop is a sealed, dedicated area of my studio that houses a professional grade Delta table saw, a professional grade DeWalt compound miter saw, a professional grade dust collector,  a variety of woodworking tools, and a significant amount of high quality tiger maple and cherry wood.






 The clamping area is where I glue and clamp the cut wood for frame making.






The staining area is where I create and apply a variety of custom made stains to the wood.







The framing area is where the mitered custom frame mouldings are assembled using corner clamps.



No comments: